The New York Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund’s Stallion Cooperative Advertising promotional program provides eligible stallion managers or stallion owners the opportunity to receive a partial reimbursement from the Fund for advertising costs associated with promoting stallions registered with the New York-Bred Registry. This program is designed to help stallion managers and stallion owners promote their stallions while also promoting the Fund’s program throughout the state. The program works as follows:
1. The Fund will reimburse a stallion manager or stallion owner 25% of the “advertising cost” for display advertisements printed in a recognized trade publication, as determined by the Fund’s Board of Directors, up to an annual maximum of $1,000 per stallion. For example, if a stallion manager or stallion owner places four display advertisements for his or her stallion in a recognized trade publication at a cost of $1,000 per advertisement, for a total of $4,000 in advertising cost, the Fund would reimburse 25%, or $1,000, of the advertising cost. If a farm has more than one stallion, this offer would apply to each stallion. If a farm advertises four stallions in the body of one advertisement, the Fund would reimburse the farm at 25% of the advertising cost. In the event that multiple stallions appear in one advertisement, the $1,000 cap per stallion will be allocated on a pro rata basis. This offer does not include statistical/roster advertisements that appear in stallion registries. The term “advertising cost” shall mean only the cost of placing the advertisement, not the cost associated with creating or otherwise producing the advertisement itself.
2. In order to qualify for reimbursement from the Fund, each advertisement must carry the Fund’s masthead and logo. The Fund will provide its logo to farms’ advertising firms, upon request, for film production. The Fund masthead and logo must be at least 2.25” (two and a quarter inches) in length for a full-page ad (scalable for smaller ads) or your ad will not qualify for reimbursement. Also note that, in order to qualify for reimbursement from the Fund, the size of the advertisement must be at least one-half (1/2) page.
3. In order for a stallion to participate in the reimbursement program, the stallion manager or stallion owner must send the Fund a written request to participate, along with the stallion registration application. In addition, the stallion manager or stallion owner must sign an indemnification agreement indemnifying the Fund against any and all claims or liabilities arising out of the placement of any advertisements carrying the Fund’s masthead, logo, and tag line.
4. A copy of the advertisement must be submitted to the Fund along with a copy of the bill in order to qualify for reimbursement. All submissions must be made no later than September of the year in which the stallion stood in the state.
5. By applying for eligibility under this reimbursement program, all participants stipulate and agree that if there are any disputes regarding their eligibility for reimbursement, the application of this program to their stallion, or the interpretation of any terms of this program, such disputes shall be resolved solely by the Fund’s Board of Directors. The Fund reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify or delete any of the terms or conditions of this reimbursement program.
Video Co-op Advertising
The New York Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund also offers 25% reimbursement, not to exceed $1,000 per stallion, for video ads. The program will contribute to the production expenses associated with professionally created video ads for registered New York stallions.
These videos must also include the New York Breeding and Racing Program logo and the slogan “New York-breds… They Start with an Advantage!” and must specify the program’s website address (www.NYBreds.com). The above must appear for a duration of no less than 10% of each individually produced television commercial.
It is our hope that you will avail yourself of the opportunity to participate in this exciting promotion.